Scouting Radio began test transmissions in December 2004. We officially launched on Founders Day 22nd February 2005. Since our launch Scouting Radio has been awarded several accolades for our high quality, 24 hour radio broadcast for Scouts throughout the world.
August 1st 2007 was recognised as the centenary of Scouting and globally Scouts renewed their Scout promise at Sunrise. Scouting radio gained global media recognition as we broadcast the Scouting sunrise from every time zone of the world. Our audio feed was carried by major media outlets in the US, Europe and Canada. Our streaming hit the hundreds of thousands during this 24 hour period.
Global & Interactive
Our listener figures rank in the hundreds of thousands worldwide through our live programming and on demand shows available via our official site or on our smart phone app available on the Google Play Store. We boast a Twitter following of over 100,000 followers.
Scouting Radio's programming is entertaining and inspirational with talk shows about Scouting and Guiding from around the World.
Since 2005, Scouting Radio have covered European Jamborees, World Jamborees, hundreds of Cub Scout Arrow of Light ceremonies in the USA, Pinewood Derbies, pioneering competitions, local hikes, district camps, Rover Moots and Scouts that deserve recognition.
Whether it is water activities, land activities and air activities involving the Scout Movement, we aim to be covering the event with our team of volunteer reporters from around the globe.
During the Kudu Call, our breakfast show we play inspirational music, from Scout campfires or up and coming bands who were or are involved with the Movement plus a selection of positive mainstream hits.
Scouting Radio is proud to be endorsed by the Honorable Michael Baden-Powell. Grandson of the Founder of Scouts. Michael is a large supporter to our station and we thank him for his continued endorsement.
Our Mission Statement
- Trust is the foundation of the Scouting Radio: we are independent, impartial and honest.
- Scouting is at the heart of everything we do.
- We take pride in delivering quality broadcasts on the Scouting Movement 24 hours a day.
- To provide the latest news and information on the Scout Movement 24 hours a day. Our shows are available live through our official website, our android app and on demand podcasts.
- To serve the Scouting Movement with distinctive programming, which honestly informs and contributes to the entertainment, education and development of the Scout Movement
- To foster the Scout Movement. We assist with fundraising events for several Scout groups and charities every year.
- To work as “Messengers of Peace” by promoting dialogue, encouraging listener feedback on our programmes, offering open discussions on Scout related topics and by acting as a forum for people who typically lack media access.
- Transparency in Broadcasts– Scouting Radio are independent and are not connected directly to any Scout Association or World Scout body. With this approach we are editorially independent, accountable, transparent and participatory in our broadcasts.